Types of Posts
Edit or Delete Posts
Share a Post
Boost a Post
Report a Post
Creating a Poll
Creating Payment Posts
Filtering and Sorting Posts
Copy a Post
Posting to Select Recipients
Who is Padoq?
How to Submit Your App
How to Submit Your App to the Google Play Store
Google Play Console: How to push an update live
App Store Connect: How to push an update live
How to Submit Your App to the App Store
App Listing Design Requirements
Setting up Test Users
Types of Groups
The Super Admin Dashboard
Managing and deleting your group
Setting up a merchant account
Managing group members
What is a Padoq (or Group)?
Group Privacy Settings
Help! It won't let me log in
How do I Report an Issue?
What platforms is the app available on?
The Padoq platform
User registration (onboarding)
Padoq feed and menus
Creating a padoq (group)
Managing a padoq
What are Padoq categories?
Notifications and activity
Super Admin Dashboard - Issue reports
Create and Manage Forms (Information Collection)
Glossary | A guide to how we talk
Primary app menu
How do roles work?
Updated by Emily Houghton
Gathering information from your group members is easier than ever with the customised poll feature in Padoq! Whether you need to ask your dog walking group what colour your team shirts should be 👕, or you need personal information for your rugby tour ✈️, or you'd like your networking group to rate that four-hour online seminar 😴 that five people fell asleep in... here's what you need to know.
There are three types of poll to select from when creating a post:
- Survey - group members must provide a written answer to each question. For example, providing DOB or an email address.
- Vote - group members can select an answer from multiple options. For example, asking which day your group members would prefer to run an event.
- Rating - group members can rate a subject out of five stars. For example, rating an event or a local business.
Deciding what sort of engagement you want with your posts is exactly the same when publishing your Poll. You can easily select whether group members can like, dislike or comment on your Poll, AND you as the publisher can decide whether the answers to the Poll are visible to all group members. These features are all enabled/disabled through the visible toggles.
How to create a poll post
- Go to your group and select the create post icon.
- Select Create Poll from the list of post options.
- Add a description to let group members know why you are creating the survey and any pertinent information, such as the deadline for submitting answers.
- Select Manage Poll if you are using iOS or for Android users, go straight to selecting which poll type you would like to create: Survey, Vote or Rating.
- Add a title for your poll. This will be the question you are asking if you are creating a Vote or Rating.
- If you are creating a Survey, you can now add each of your questions. If you are creating a Vote, you can now add in the answer options. If you are creating a Rating, skip to the next step.
- As the publisher, you can use the toggles to choose how group members can engage and interact with the Poll.
- You can also attach any relevant photos or files by selecting from the icons in the post toolbar.
- When you are happy with your post, select Post 🥇.
- Once your post is published, you will see this in your group feed. If you need to make changes after the post is published, you can select the ellipsis icon (...) from the top right of the post and select Edit Post or Delete Post. For more info on editing posts, see our Edit or Delete Posts page.